For your safety and continued enjoyment as well as consideration toward your fellow guests, please take note of following “house rules”, contractual inclusions, as well as excerpts from British Columbia and Canadian laws.

Terms and Conditions of the NTS (Native Trapper’s School of B.C. Canada Ltd.)

  • Upon receipt of your Registration (signed form) and downpayment (50 % of the booking price plus 2,5 % tax) via bank transfer we shall send you the Booking Confirmation. The remainder is to be credited to the NTS-account two weeks prior to your arrival. Please bear in mind that bank transfers can take up to 10 days.
  • Upon confirmed registration, a binding agreement (hereinafter referred to as “Agreement”) will have been established between yourself (hereinafter referred to as “Guest”) and NTS.
  • NTS owns and operates the courses, lodge, sauna, trapper’s school, smokehouse, teepees, cabins, shelters and any and all equipment, including motorized vehicles as well as the trapline.
  • The registration form includes disclosures related to medical and food and/or any other allergy concerns and will form part of the Agreement between Guest and NTS and will absolve NTS from any further responsibility in this respect.
  • NTS shall not be held responsible for stolen, lost or damaged personal property.
  • Guests shall be liable for damage to or loss of NTS equipment used during their stay, insofar as the loss or damage was caused by an action of the Guest.
  • British Columbia law prohibits smoking inside any building accessible to the general public including but not limited to accommodations, restaurants, bars, pubs, as well as retail, recreational and Government facilites. As a result, smoking as well as consumption of non-prescription drugs or alcohol is not allowed during your entire stay at the NTS.
  • Dirty work clothing and shoes/boots are to be removed before entering the lodge.
  • The use or carrying of firearms, bows and crossbows is prohibited.
  • The camp’s satellite phone is reserved for emergencies only, meaning Guests will not be able to make phone calls, send emails and the like.
  • Motorized vehicles can only be used while under the supervision of a NTS instructor.
  • As NTS cannot offer refunds for trip cancellations initiated by the Guest or entities that the guest has contracted with, it is strongly recommended that the Guest acquire appropriate travel cancellation insurance.
  • As in the wilderness considerable efforts and preparations are made for each guest, no refund of the fare paid is possible (even proportionately), regardless of when and for what reason a cancellation should be made by you.
  • NTS shall not be held responsible for “Acts of God” or “Acts of War”. Wildlife, motorized and non-motorized equipment, terrain, trapline tools and climatic conditions pose inherent risks to a varying degree. Gross negligence aside, NTS shall not be held responsible for injury to the Guests and their equipment as well as any weather related delays (i.e. ice, snowstorm, avalanches, etc.).
  • All trapped animals and their respective pelts remain the property of NTS. However, pelts may be purchased from NTS at special pricing.
  • Instructions from NTS instructors must be adhered to. Failure to do so may constitute breach of the Agreement. NTS reserves the right to change instructors.
  • Should the Guest breach the Agreement, NTS, at its sole discretion, may terminate the Agreement, in which case the Guest must, without further delay, remove him/herself from the camp at his/her own expense. In such a case, no refund of paid course fees will be offered.
  • During your stay, should you choose to leave the camp or group (i.e. for walks, hikes, fishing, etc.), you must first obtain permission from your instructor and inform him in writing of your planned destination and anticipated duration of absence.
  • Partaking in and passing of a certified trapping course (or any other course offered by NTS) by non-residents does not imply entitlement to immigrate to, work legally, purchase a trapline, fish or hunt in Canada. Respective permits, insofar as available to non-residents, must be acquired separately.